What Is the GAF Golden Pledge Warranty for Residential Roofs?
GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, making materials with trusted quality since 1886. At Lodde Roofing, we have learned to count on GAF’s quality roofing materials through our years of replacing and repairing residential roofs.
The Golden Pledge warranty is GAF’s best roofing system warranty. It was the first manufacturer’s warranty to cover not only manufacturing defects, but also the contractor’s workmanship (that’s us!).
How Can GAF’s Golden Pledge Warranty Cover the Contractor’s Workmanship?
It might seem a little strange that a manufacturer would cover a contractor’s workmanship. And rightly so – what if someone inexperienced installs the roof?
Well, a roofer isn’t able to offer you the Golden Pledge warranty unless they are certified by GAF as a “Master Elite Contractor”. And only 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite contractors! As you may have guessed, Lodde & Sons Roofing is one of the 3%.
Even then, the GAF Golden Pledge warranty is only given to your roof after a GAF factory-trained inspector inspects and rates your new roof. This ensures the Master Elite contractor’s installation was done properly and up to GAF’s high standards. We typically receive a 10/10 rating on these inspections.
Once you have a GAF Golden Pledge warranty, you will have workmanship coverage for 25 years (20 for 3-tab shingles).
What Else Is Included in GAF’s Golden Pledge Warranty?
- 100% coverage for 50 years on material defects *20 years for 3-tab shingles
- Coverage for entire roofing system
- Lifetime cost of installation labour coverage *25 or 30 years on 3-tab shingles
- 25 years workmanship coverage *20 years on 3-tab shingles
- 25 years coverage for misapplication of certain flashings *20 years on 3-tab shingles
- Tear-off costs included for material defects or workmanship, when necessary
- Disposal costs included for material defects or workmanship, when necessary
- Exclusive 40-point factory inspection
- *Option: Maximum wind coverage up to 130km Category 3 hurricane wind speed available *Not available for 3-tab shingles
- Transferrable warranty with no fee to transfer
The GAF Golden Pledge warranty is the safest and most comprehensive warranty available in the roofing industry today.
Serving Customers in St. Catharines, Niagara, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- Beware of This Common Roofing Scam – A Large Deposit (Or Entire Payment!) Before the Roof Work Begins
- What Should I Do If My Roof Is Sagging?
- Do I Need a Roof eplacement? 10 Failing Roof Signs Homeowners Need to Know
- Is it Time to Replace Your Roof? - June 22, 2018
- Have You Crossed “Inspect the Roof” Off Your Spring To-Do List? - May 18, 2018
- Inspecting Your Roof for Damage Caused by High Winds - April 5, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Should Spring into Action When Getting a Roofing Estimate - April 4, 2018
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing! - December 21, 2017
- Thank You for Voting Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing the #1 Roofing Company in St. Catharines! - December 1, 2017
- Get Your Roof Ready for Winter with a Fall Roofing Checkup [Infographic] - November 10, 2017
- How to Choose the Perfect Shingles for Your Roof - September 13, 2017
- How Attic Insulation Keeps Your House Cool Throughout the Summer - August 31, 2017
- 4 Things You Can Do to Make Sure Your New Roof Won’t Fail - July 21, 2017