What Is the GAF Golden Pledge Warranty for Residential Roofs?
GAF is North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, making materials with trusted quality since 1886. At Lodde Roofing, we have learned to count on GAF’s quality roofing materials through our years of replacing and repairing residential roofs.
The Golden Pledge warranty is GAF’s best roofing system warranty. It was the first manufacturer’s warranty to cover not only manufacturing defects, but also the contractor’s workmanship (that’s us!).
How Can GAF’s Golden Pledge Warranty Cover the Contractor’s Workmanship?
It might seem a little strange that a manufacturer would cover a contractor’s workmanship. And rightly so – what if someone inexperienced installs the roof?
Well, a roofer isn’t able to offer you the Golden Pledge warranty unless they are certified by GAF as a “Master Elite Contractor”. And only 3% of all roofing contractors have qualified as Master Elite contractors! As you may have guessed, Lodde & Sons Roofing is one of the 3%.
Even then, the GAF Golden Pledge warranty is only given to your roof after a GAF factory-trained inspector inspects and rates your new roof. This ensures the Master Elite contractor’s installation was done properly and up to GAF’s high standards. We typically receive a 10/10 rating on these inspections.
Once you have a GAF Golden Pledge warranty, you will have workmanship coverage for 25 years (20 for 3-tab shingles).
What Else Is Included in GAF’s Golden Pledge Warranty?
- 100% coverage for 50 years on material defects *20 years for 3-tab shingles
- Coverage for entire roofing system
- Lifetime cost of installation labour coverage *25 or 30 years on 3-tab shingles
- 25 years workmanship coverage *20 years on 3-tab shingles
- 25 years coverage for misapplication of certain flashings *20 years on 3-tab shingles
- Tear-off costs included for material defects or workmanship, when necessary
- Disposal costs included for material defects or workmanship, when necessary
- Exclusive 40-point factory inspection
- *Option: Maximum wind coverage up to 130km Category 3 hurricane wind speed available *Not available for 3-tab shingles
- Transferrable warranty with no fee to transfer
The GAF Golden Pledge warranty is the safest and most comprehensive warranty available in the roofing industry today.
Serving Customers in St. Catharines, Niagara, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- Beware of This Common Roofing Scam – A Large Deposit (Or Entire Payment!) Before the Roof Work Begins
- What Should I Do If My Roof Is Sagging?
- Do I Need a Roof eplacement? 10 Failing Roof Signs Homeowners Need to Know
- Herb Lodde & Sons Wins 2019 Best of Award in Roofing from HomeStars! - March 13, 2019
- What You Need to Know about Winter Roof Replacements - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from the Team at Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing - December 19, 2018
- Common Winter Roofing Problems: How You Can Identify, Fix, and Avoid Them - December 13, 2018
- Your Roof in a Storm: How You Can Protect One of Your Home’s Most Valuable Assets - October 17, 2018
- Shingle Warranties Explained - August 31, 2018
- When Is the Right Time to Replace a Roof in Canada - June 22, 2018
- Have You Crossed “Inspect the Roof” Off Your Spring To-Do List? - May 18, 2018
- Inspecting Your Roof for Damage Caused by High Winds - April 5, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Should Spring into Action When Getting a Roofing Estimate - April 4, 2018
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
Fill out the form on our request page to let us know questions you would like answered or topics you would like to read about!Submit Your Ideas