Top 10 Benefits of Vinyl Siding
Did you know? Vinyl siding is the #1 choice for exterior cladding in Canada!
Vinyl siding is a durable and beautiful siding option with a ton of great benefits for homeowners who want to enhance curb appeal and minimize maintenance requirements at the same time.
Let’s get into the top advantages of quality vinyl siding:
1. Enhances Curb Appeal
Manufactured with the colour going all the way through, the panels look beautiful up close and from far away. It won’t peel, flake, chip, or show scratches!
2. Retains Lasting Colour
Since the colour goes all the way through the material, it won’t fade or dim over time. Over 300 vinyl siding colours meet or exceed industry performance test standards for colour retention.
3. Huge Selection of Styles, Colours, Trim, and Accessories
Vinyl siding offers an extensive variety of options to personalize your home. Choose from a wide range of trim, styles, textures, shapes, and decorative accessories for your windows, doors, and so on. You’ll also have over 300 long-lasting colours to select from.
This type of siding is strong and reliable. It is dent-resistant (although we don’t recommend hitting it with hockey pucks or golf balls…it’s dent-resistant, not indestructible!) and virtually unaffected by harsh weather conditions like wind, heat, cold, and moisture. Don’t worry about warping, splitting, rotting, or insect damage either.
5. Low Maintenance
Vinyl siding doesn’t require scraping and painting to keep up its appearance. In fact, just rinse it with your garden hose to clean off most of the dust and dirt that may accumulate over time. If you encounter particularly stubborn soiling, simply use some mild soap with that water.
So forget about awkward, fear-of-heights-inducing ladders and wasting weekends doing maintenance!
6. Resists Mold and Mildew
Well-installed vinyl siding allows moisture to escape, preventing mold and mildew formation.
7. Environmentally Friendly
Vinyl siding and insulated vinyl siding have a lower environmental impact throughout their lifecycle than other kinds of exterior cladding material. Vinyl scrap can even be recycled.
8. Easy to Install
This type of exterior cladding is one of the easiest to install! It’s lightweight and comes out with a nice uniform look at the end. You can save on labour costs, too.
9. Great Warranties
Our supplier for high quality vinyl siding, Gentek, offers the industry-best hail protection and fade warranty: a lifetime limited, non-prorated, transferrable warranty.
10. Smart Investment
Low maintenance costs, low installation costs, and a lifetime warranty… overall, vinyl siding is a very affordable exterior cladding option.
Not to mention, vinyl and insulated vinyl siding are routinely among the top home improvement projects that give high returns on investment. In the most recent numbers from Remodeling’s Cost vs. Value analysis, a vinyl siding replacement offered an ROI of 80.7%. It made #4 on the list (out of 23 remodelling projects), topping both kitchen and basement remodels. While these numbers are the average across the United States, they are similar here in Ontario, too.
Any way you look at it, vinyl siding is an excellent choice for homeowners looking to improve their home’s exterior!
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing are experts at installing both horizontal vinyl siding and board & batten vinyl siding. Get in touch with us today to discuss your vision for your home.
Serving homeowners in Niagara, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- 10 Signs Your Home’s Siding Needs to Be Replaced
- How Your Home’s Siding Can Be a Great Investment
- Know Your Rights before Signing with a Roofing Contractor in Ontario [Video]
- Your Roof in a Storm: How You Can Protect One of Your Home’s Most Valuable Assets - October 17, 2018
- Shingle Warranties Explained - August 31, 2018
- When Is the Right Time to Replace a Roof in Canada - June 22, 2018
- Have You Crossed “Inspect the Roof” Off Your Spring To-Do List? - May 18, 2018
- Inspecting Your Roof for Damage Caused by High Winds - April 5, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Should Spring into Action When Getting a Roofing Estimate - April 4, 2018
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing! - December 21, 2017
- Thank You for Voting Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing the #1 Roofing Company in St. Catharines! - December 1, 2017
- Get Your Roof Ready for Winter with a Fall Roofing Checkup [Infographic] - November 10, 2017
- How to Choose the Perfect Shingles for Your Roof - September 13, 2017
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
Fill out the form on our request page to let us know questions you would like answered or topics you would like to read about!Submit Your Ideas
Tags: Vinyl Siding