Thinking of a Roof Replacement? Fall Is the Right Time!
Are you trying to decide whether to go through with a new roof installation this fall? If so, we have some advice for you – do it!
We’re not just saying that as roofing contractors who want your business. We are saying it as roofing contractors who don’t want to see your deteriorating roof fail over the winter.
If there’s any question about whether your roof will make it through another Canadian winter – or if you think it will make it but it’s not in great shape – you should get it replaced now, before the cold weather sets in.
Here’s why fall is the right time for your roof replacement:
- Winter wreaks havoc on poor roofs
Hail. Freezing rain. Snow. Winds. Very cold temperatures. Winter is not a friendly season in Canada – not even here in southern Ontario. If your roof is damaged or at risk of becoming so over the winter, you need to replace it now. Leaving a roof like that throughout the harsh winter months can cause more damage to the structure of your home.
If heavy snow sits on your roof, it can trigger new issues and magnify existing problems. And if moisture in the winter (from melting snow, for example) gets into the underlayment of your roof, you will have a much more costly roof replacement to pay for come spring.
- Roof has time to settle
Even with high quality materials and installation, some conditions are just better than others for roof installations. Fall meets those criteria. It has the right temperatures – and enough time before extreme temperatures hit – for the shingles to fully settle and seal, forming a barrier against ice and rain. Wait too long, and your roof may be forced to face the elements before it’s ready.
- Longer working hours for roofers
Another reason autumn is an excellent season for roof repair is the mild weather lets your roofing contractors work all through the day. You get your roof faster than in the summer, when heat exhaustion and heat stroke is a real concern.
So if you’re deciding whether to get a roof replacement this fall or not, call in a reputable roofing contractor to give you an expert opinion! As you prepare for winter, it’s better safe than sorry!
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing provides full roof replacements and repairs. We offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all roof replacements! Schedule a free estimate on your roof now.
Serving homeowners in Niagara, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- How to Get Insurance Funding for Your Roof Repairs after a Storm
- Does Your Home Have Any of These 5 Common Roofing Problems? [Infographic]
- Do I Need a Roof Replacement? 10 Failing Roof Signs Homeowners Need to Know
- Merry Christmas from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing - December 18, 2019
- Why is My Roof Leaking? - October 28, 2019
- Herb Lodde & Sons Is Proud to Be Baeumler Approved - August 19, 2019
- Does a New Roof Add Value to Your Home? - July 9, 2019
- Herb Lodde & Sons Wins 2019 Best of Award in Roofing from HomeStars! - March 13, 2019
- What You Need to Know about Winter Roof Replacements - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from the Team at Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing - December 19, 2018
- Common Winter Roofing Problems: How You Can Identify, Fix, and Avoid Them - December 13, 2018
- Your Roof in a Storm: How You Can Protect One of Your Home’s Most Valuable Assets - October 17, 2018
- Shingle Warranties Explained - August 31, 2018
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
Fill out the form on our request page to let us know questions you would like answered or topics you would like to read about!Submit Your Ideas