How to Prevent Ice Dams [Video]
Winter in Ontario may have been slow to start this year, but we’re now seeing the cold, snow, and ice we’re accustomed to. And that means ice dams.
Ice dams happen when snow melts on your roof (due to poor insulation, poor ventilation, too much snow, etc.), runs down to the eavestrough or other vulnerable places, and then freezes. This ice stops any water from getting through; instead, the water and ice back up under the roof shingles and underlayment – damaging your roof.
Check out this short video to learn what causes ice dams and how to prevent them:
If you think your home has an ice dam, do not get up onto the roof yourself! Roofs are very slippery around this time of the year. Only a trained roofing professional with the proper safety training and equipment should go up on your roof in the winter.
Contact Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing for expert residential roof snow and ice dam removal. We’ll help you get rid of that dam ice!
Like this? You might also like:
- Pros and Cons of Winter Roofing
- Do I Need to Remove the Snow on My Roof?
- Do I Need a Roof Replacement? 10 Failing Roof Signs Homeowners Need to Know
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing! - December 21, 2017
- Thank You for Voting Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing the #1 Roofing Company in St. Catharines! - December 1, 2017
- Get Your Roof Ready for Winter with a Fall Roofing Checkup [Infographic] - November 10, 2017
- How to Choose the Perfect Shingles for Your Roof - September 13, 2017
- How Attic Insulation Keeps Your House Cool Throughout the Summer - August 31, 2017
- 4 Things You Can Do to Make Sure Your New Roof Won’t Fail - July 21, 2017
- 3 Things Not to Do When Hiring a Roofer - April 13, 2017
- To Repair or Replace Your Roof, That Is the Question - February 27, 2017
- Top 5 Problems for Homeowners and their Roofs during an Unrelenting Winter - February 13, 2017
- How Herb Lodde & Sons Does New Roof Construction and Installation [VIDEO] - January 24, 2017