Know Your Rights before Signing with a Roofing Contractor in Ontario [Video]
In our previous post, we gave some invaluable tips for choosing a roofing contractor (and avoiding scams by ‘fly by nighters’).
On the same note, we’d like to share a video from Consumer Protection Ontario about hiring a reputable residential roofing contractor.
The video warns homeowners to watch out for unsolicited sales calls from roofers, to check up on the roofing company, and to know their rights.
Check out the video!
Don’t forget to ask to see the roofing contractor’s credentials, including: a current Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) certification, workplace insurance (including liability coverage), business licence, and written manufacturer warranties.
You can also check up on the track record of different companies on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services “Consumer Beware List”. Click here for the Consumer Beware List.
Knowing your rights and properly checking up on a company before signing anything or handing over any money can keep you safe from scams, worker injury compensation costs, poor workmanship, and more.
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing has been in business for 50 years. We are happy to provide you with any documentation you ask for. We also offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all roof replacements. Contact us today for an estimate.
Serving homeowners in Niagara, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- I’m Moving! Should I Redo My Roof for Resale Value?
- Why Is My Roof Leaking?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing?
- Why is My Roof Leaking? - October 28, 2019
- Herb Lodde & Sons Is Proud to Be Baeumler Approved - August 19, 2019
- Does a New Roof Add Value to Your Home? - July 9, 2019
- Herb Lodde & Sons Wins 2019 Best of Award in Roofing from HomeStars! - March 13, 2019
- What You Need to Know about Winter Roof Replacements - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from the Team at Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing - December 19, 2018
- Common Winter Roofing Problems: How You Can Identify, Fix, and Avoid Them - December 13, 2018
- Your Roof in a Storm: How You Can Protect One of Your Home’s Most Valuable Assets - October 17, 2018
- Shingle Warranties Explained - August 31, 2018
- When Is the Right Time to Replace a Roof in Canada - June 22, 2018
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
Fill out the form on our request page to let us know questions you would like answered or topics you would like to read about!Submit Your Ideas