Know Your Rights before Signing with a Roofing Contractor in Ontario [Video]
In our previous post, we gave some invaluable tips for choosing a roofing contractor (and avoiding scams by ‘fly by nighters’).
On the same note, we’d like to share a video from Consumer Protection Ontario about hiring a reputable residential roofing contractor.
The video warns homeowners to watch out for unsolicited sales calls from roofers, to check up on the roofing company, and to know their rights.
Check out the video!
Don’t forget to ask to see the roofing contractor’s credentials, including: a current Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) certification, workplace insurance (including liability coverage), business licence, and written manufacturer warranties.
You can also check up on the track record of different companies on the Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services “Consumer Beware List”. Click here for the Consumer Beware List.
Knowing your rights and properly checking up on a company before signing anything or handing over any money can keep you safe from scams, worker injury compensation costs, poor workmanship, and more.
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing has been in business for 50 years. We are happy to provide you with any documentation you ask for. We also offer a 10 year workmanship warranty on all roof replacements. Contact us today for an estimate.
Serving homeowners in Niagara, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville.
Like this? You might also like:
- I’m Moving! Should I Redo My Roof for Resale Value?
- Why Is My Roof Leaking?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing?
- 3 Things Not to Do When Hiring a Roofer - April 13, 2017
- To Repair or Replace Your Roof, That Is the Question - February 27, 2017
- Top 5 Problems for Homeowners and their Roofs during an Unrelenting Winter - February 13, 2017
- How Herb Lodde & Sons Does New Roof Construction and Installation [VIDEO] - January 24, 2017
- Removing Rooftop Ice and Snow with Salt - January 17, 2017
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing! - December 20, 2016
- 3 Tips to Help You Get Your Roof Ready for Winter - December 5, 2016
- Your Guide to Finding New Roofing - November 17, 2016
- 5 Tips for Maintaining a Flat or Low-Sloped Roof - October 28, 2016
- The Devil’s in the Details: Understanding a Roofing Contract - September 28, 2016