How Your Home’s Siding Can Be a Great Investment
Exterior replacement projects – such as roofing, siding, windows, and doors – can have a big impact on your home’s value. Do not underestimate the value of curb appeal! After all, it’s the first thing potential homebuyers will see.
According to the 2014 Remodeling Cost vs. Value report, the average homeowner sees 78.2% of costs recouped for vinyl siding replacement. Or, if you’re thinking of upgrading to fiber-cement for your siding replacement, you should know homeowners are seeing about 87% in returns. Likewise, replacing siding with foam-backed vinyl siding yields 78.1% costs recouped. *These numbers reflect US statistics, but are still relevant for Canadian homeowners.
Therefore, siding replacements are great investments that can really impact your home’s resale value. People don’t want to buy a home that is lacking in basic maintenance, even if it’s attractive in every other way. Spending your money on the existing structure of the home is more important than the luxuries.
It’s also an important investment for you while you’re still living in your home. Newer siding is better insulated; you can substantially decrease your heating and cooling costs with well-insulated siding on your home.
Not only is it a great investment, but replacing your siding is an important general maintenance project. When the wear and tear on your siding becomes great enough that it seems like it might be a good idea to replace it – it certainly is! Siding is definitely an area in your home that you don’t want to let slide into disrepair.
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing is the best choice for siding replacement! We serve homeowners in Southern Ontario, including Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara. Contact us for a free estimate today.
See our online photo gallery of completed home siding projects.
Like this? You might also like:
- Don’t Get Scammed! Follow These 9 Tips when Hiring a Residential Roofing Contractor
- I’m Moving! Should I Redo My Roof?
- Asphalt Shingles vs. Laminate Shingles
- Is it Time to Replace Your Roof? - June 22, 2018
- Have You Crossed “Inspect the Roof” Off Your Spring To-Do List? - May 18, 2018
- Inspecting Your Roof for Damage Caused by High Winds - April 5, 2018
- 3 Reasons You Should Spring into Action When Getting a Roofing Estimate - April 4, 2018
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing! - December 21, 2017
- Thank You for Voting Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing the #1 Roofing Company in St. Catharines! - December 1, 2017
- Get Your Roof Ready for Winter with a Fall Roofing Checkup [Infographic] - November 10, 2017
- How to Choose the Perfect Shingles for Your Roof - September 13, 2017
- How Attic Insulation Keeps Your House Cool Throughout the Summer - August 31, 2017
- 4 Things You Can Do to Make Sure Your New Roof Won’t Fail - July 21, 2017