How Your Home’s Siding Can Be a Great Investment
Exterior replacement projects – such as roofing, siding, windows, and doors – can have a big impact on your home’s value. Do not underestimate the value of curb appeal! After all, it’s the first thing potential homebuyers will see.
According to the 2014 Remodeling Cost vs. Value report, the average homeowner sees 78.2% of costs recouped for vinyl siding replacement. Or, if you’re thinking of upgrading to fiber-cement for your siding replacement, you should know homeowners are seeing about 87% in returns. Likewise, replacing siding with foam-backed vinyl siding yields 78.1% costs recouped. *These numbers reflect US statistics, but are still relevant for Canadian homeowners.
Therefore, siding replacements are great investments that can really impact your home’s resale value. People don’t want to buy a home that is lacking in basic maintenance, even if it’s attractive in every other way. Spending your money on the existing structure of the home is more important than the luxuries.
It’s also an important investment for you while you’re still living in your home. Newer siding is better insulated; you can substantially decrease your heating and cooling costs with well-insulated siding on your home.
Not only is it a great investment, but replacing your siding is an important general maintenance project. When the wear and tear on your siding becomes great enough that it seems like it might be a good idea to replace it – it certainly is! Siding is definitely an area in your home that you don’t want to let slide into disrepair.
>> Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing is the best choice for siding replacement! We serve homeowners in Southern Ontario, including Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, and Niagara. Contact us for a free estimate today.
See our online photo gallery of completed home siding projects.
Like this? You might also like:
- Don’t Get Scammed! Follow These 9 Tips when Hiring a Residential Roofing Contractor
- I’m Moving! Should I Redo My Roof?
- Asphalt Shingles vs. Laminate Shingles
- Herb Lodde & Sons Is Proud to Be Baeumler Approved - August 19, 2019
- Does a New Roof Add Value to Your Home? - July 9, 2019
- Herb Lodde & Sons Wins 2019 Best of Award in Roofing from HomeStars! - March 13, 2019
- What You Need to Know about Winter Roof Replacements - February 7, 2019
- Merry Christmas from the Team at Herb Lodde & Sons Roofing - December 19, 2018
- Common Winter Roofing Problems: How You Can Identify, Fix, and Avoid Them - December 13, 2018
- Your Roof in a Storm: How You Can Protect One of Your Home’s Most Valuable Assets - October 17, 2018
- Shingle Warranties Explained - August 31, 2018
- When Is the Right Time to Replace a Roof in Canada - June 22, 2018
- Have You Crossed “Inspect the Roof” Off Your Spring To-Do List? - May 18, 2018
IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
Fill out the form on our request page to let us know questions you would like answered or topics you would like to read about!Submit Your Ideas